Lately I have introduced a few people into the great hobby of metal detecting. If you haven’t yet, I would encourage you to check out the link section on the right side of my blog. Specifically I think we all can learn a bunch from socializing with other detectorists. Here is a short list of things that happen by getting involved.
– Find other detectorists in your area.
– Learn more about your machine from others that use them.
– You can get involved in local and national groups.
– You can talk to many retailers of detectors and accessories. You can usually get a little better price on items if you belong to a forum and are active.
– Contests to win detectors, accessories, and many other things.
– View other peoples finds. It is always interesting seeing what other detectorists in the nation and around the world are finding.